These are the excellent presentations from the Children with Cancer UK sponsored childhood cancer session organised by Professor Denis Henshaw for the 8th Princess Chulabhorn International Scientific Congress held in Thailand in November 2016.
We invite the submission of Poster Presentations on the conference theme of 'developments Precision Medicine' relevant to paediatric and TYA oncology and malignant haematology. The submission deadline for Abstracts is 19th June 2017.
We are especially calling for Posters in four areas
- Diagnostics and prognostics
submissions should deal with the impact of precision medicine technology on accuracy of diagnosis and/or on improved accuracy of prognosis and stratification of therapy
- Disease Modelling, Identification of New Therapeutic Targets
submissions should focus on preclinical work including clinical models which may lead to new therapies
- Current Clinical Trials and Health Economics
submissions should focus on current or planned clinical trials of “targeted therapies”. We would also welcome submissions concerning the cost benefit of precision medicine
- Prediction of toxicity
submissions should focus on the application of precision medicine technology to the prediction and possible amelioration of short and or long term toxicity of treatment
- Abstracts must be based on original, unpublished research which is not currently submitted elsewhere
- The research reported must relate to the conference Precision Medicine themes
- The presenting author must be a co-author listed on the submitted abstract
- The presenting author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have read the abstract and agreed to be co-authors
- The presenting author must pay the relevant delegate fee for attendance at Childhood Cancer 2017; the abstract will be withdrawn if their attendance is not confirmed by 30th June 2017
- Abstracts must be submitted using the Childhood Cancer 2017 abstract submission form and template:
Abstract submission form (MS Word Docx)
Poster Abstract Template (MS Word Docx)
- The abstract must address scientific questions, detail clinical observations, or present primary scientific data
- Minor revisions in detail may be submitted up to 21st July 2017. No revisions may be made after this date and the book of Abstracts will have been completed for printing
- The Poster presentation at Childhood Cancer 2017 must reflect the submitted abstract. In particular, the abstract title, authorship and scientific content of the presentation must match the submitted abstract, although updates on results may be added. The final Posters may be up to A0 in size
- Abstracts should be written in clear and concise English. On submission, all abstracts will be proof-read by the meeting organisers to check that they conform to the format specified on the Abstract Template
- All accepted abstracts will be published online in advance of the conference and available to registered conference delegates. You will have an opportunity to withdraw your abstract before publication; the deadline for withdrawal is 30th June 2017
From the submitted abstracts, up to three may be selected as the most suitable for oral presentation during the meeting. All posteers will be displayed during the conference. The lead authors of the three oral abstracts and the two best posters will be awarded prizes during the poster session.
- After the submission deadline, all eligible Poster Abstracts will be made available to the conference committee (consisting of the Conference Chair and the daily Chairs) for review
- Review and selection of up to three oral abstracts and the prize winning posters will be based on scientific merit and relevance to the conference themes
Notification of acceptance
Presenting authors will be notified by the end of June 2017 whether or not their abstract has been accepted. If you have not received notification by the end of June contact email@example.com
Once an abstract is accepted, any requests to withdraw must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st July 2017. Abstracts cannot be withdrawn after this deadline.
Please note that submission of a Poster Abstract does not register you for Childhood Cancer 2017.
To register, you must complete the registration process on the Registration and pay the appropriate delegate fee. Registration must be completed by 30th June 2017 otherwise your abstract will be withdrawn.
Please email email@example.com with any queries.